Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Google Adsense Woes

Google Adsense recently turned down my application to place ads on this blog upon the basis that there is not enough text on the blog. I realize that the problem was most of my text is in the images and their word parsers just doesn't do pictures. Still the whole rejection thing convinced me to browse through their terms and conditions at least once and I found another restriction they had listed. No excessive profanity they said.

It's hard to determine what Google deems excessive in the use of profanity, but I guess I understand where they're coming from. Readers might subconsciously associate the content of the blog with the advertisements displaying at the same time, and they don't want that. For example if this happened:




The result would be:


But suppose I fuse profanity with hilarity. Wouldn't that balance things out? It may even have a positive impact on the viewer. I don't know. I have this totally unjustified sense of cocksureness about my sense of humor. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment